Idiomatic expression quiz
Last updated: 13 Oct 2008
Fill in the blanks of the following 15 questions (or rather, note them down on a scrap of paper) and then we'll see how you did on the next page.
Note: some of these sentences do not need anything in the blank space.
- I consider you __________ one of my best friends.
- He regards me __________ a mortal enemy.
- Steve's life centers __________ the never-ending struggle to get up early every morning.
- Llamas are native __________ South America.
- I forbid you __________ stop taking this test!
- You are prohibited __________ taking a break!
- I think of Newt Gingrich __________ my good pal.
- We can compare his exuberant entrance __________ a tornado sweeping everything in its path.
- I am not much of an athlete compared __________ Wayne Gretzky.
- We mistook you __________ a penguin in those clothes.
- Our problems range __________ miscommunication __________ utter incompetence.
- Rainy days make me __________ think of London.
- The Sumerians are credited __________ inventing the wheel.
- In the dark, it is difficult to distinguish Steve __________ Joel.
- I can always distinguish between Joel __________ Steve.
All done? Let us see how you did.